Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.docx) document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses)
- Your references should be written using reference management software (Mendeley).
The submitted manuscript should be addressed to editor in chief of SJM. Manuscript must be submitted through online submission by registered users.
The submitted manuscript should be a text that has not been published nor is it before another journal for consideration, either in Bahasa Indonesia or English.
The submitted Manuscript must include these following documents:
- Approval letter of publication and a letter of introduction signed by researcher / writer and the rest of the authors.
- Affidavit that ensures that the submitted manuscript has not been published in other media.
- Statement of originality which stated that the submitted manuscript is free from plagiarism and that the was not conducted following any other research.
- Letter of approval from the local Committee of Ethical Research
We accept original article, case report, and review article. Manuscript template can be downloaded here.
- Research Article
Manuscript should contain an original research article in the field of medicine and health. The systematics are as follow:
- The manuscript should contain title of heading and subheading, abstract in Indonesia and English, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and conclusion.
- Title Page
- The title page should contain: 1) The title, which should be concised but informative, written in uppercase / capital, Long title should be divided into subheadings, written in bold with font Times New Roman size 14, single-spaced and located in the middle (center) (2) name of the author, written under the title without academic degree, starting with the last name and an abbreviation of the first name, beginning with a capital letter, without the word "by", the order of the authors should be as follow : first author followed by the second author, third and so on, given the superscript, font size 10 (3) name of the Department or Agency (4) Author’s full name and address (electronic, non-electronic, telephone number) for correspondence, (5) should include a summary of title for the header .
- Abstract :
- Should be written in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Should be bolded (bold), and the number of words should be no more than 250 words, typed in single-space, written in font Times New Roman size 10. Use straight letter for abstract in Bahasa Indonesia and Italics for abstract in English, and should also include a title in English.
- Should be consisted of background, research objective, methodology, results, conclusion and keyword. The titles of every section should be bolded (bold) with spaces between sections
- The content of each sections should be presented in ‘Justify’ paragraph with no ‘First line indent’.
- Should be written without subtitle in font Times New Roman size 12 should also contain background, a little review of the literature, and research purposes.
- Should be described in detail, including research design, population, sample, data sources, data collection techniques / instruments, analysis procedures, as well as research place and period.
- Analysis should be accurate and argumentative; the results should be related to appropriate and systematic theories.
- Tables or figures should be numbered in the text sequentially, written in single-space, font Times New Roman size 11. The title should be precise and clear, located above the table and flat table. The title of pictures should be short and clear, located below the image and flat images. Maximum number of tables or pictures are six (6) in one (1) manuscript.
- Conclusion and Suggestion
- Conclusion should be the answer of research problem, unequivocal statement. Suggestion should be logical, appropriate and not be pretended.
- Bibliography or References
- Should be written according to the rules of Vancouver, sequence should be appropriate with the appearance in the overall text.
- 80% of the publications should be cited from the last 10 years, and represent the initial reference.
- Front should be Calibri, size 11, single-space between number without space.
- Literature review
- The manuscript should contain a comprehensive analysis of a specific topic.
- The manuscript should be limited to 5000 words.
- Content of manuscript:
- Page Titles (appropriate manuscript title page of research result)
- Abstract should be written in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Keywords should be maximum 10 words and no repeat of words in the title
- Introduction should contain definition, background and importance of the problem, goals and research contribution.
- The literature review should be the description of the problem and contain enough resource material of related research.
- The discussion should be appropriate with the issues discussed in the literature review, mixed with opinions and arguments, which are relevant to the problems.
- Conclusion should be according to the summary and discussion.
- References (in accordance with the instructions of writing references)
Citation in text
Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list (and vice versa). Unpublished results and personal communications are not recommended in the reference list, but may be mentioned in the text. If these references are included in the reference list they should follow the standard reference style of the journal and should include a substitution of the publication date with either 'Unpublished results' or 'Personal communication'. Citation of a reference as 'in press' implies that the item has been accepted for publication.
Reference management software
Please use reference management software such as Mendeley or Zotero. Your reference should be written according Vancouver (superscript) Reference Style.